Picture Above is the Universal Kit; Your Kit may be Different.
This Kit Includes:
Tools Required for Installation:
|Air Rachet, Grinder and Cutter|
|7MM, 8MM,10MM, 11MM, 13MM, Sockets and Extension|
|Fork And Phillip’s Screw Drivers|
|Spacers For The Door Gap|
|3/16 Allen Wrench|
|1/4 Torx Bit|
Other Tools May Be Needed Depending On Your Vehicle
Universal Kits May Require Some Cutting, Drilling And Welding
"Installers with experience recommended"
(Note: The pictures on the manual are for reference only they may not match your vehicle.)
1) Disconnect the battery.
2) Remove fender:
3) Remove the door catch: Open the door and remove bolts from the body and from the door. Push the door catch inside the door. You will need to remove the door panel to retrieve the door catch.
4) Usually you will need to more wire slack: Remove foot trim, under it you will find wire harness use the fork to undo the wire harness and pull some wire. This will give you the necessary wire slack to fully open the new Vertical Doors Inc. system. Some times you will have to remove the door panel and speaker and gain the wire from inside the door cavity.
5) Close door and use painter’s tape to secure the door in preparation for factory hinge removal.
Usually you will need a 13mm socket to remove the factory hinges.
Hint* (You can make your spacer out of paint sticks and about 8-10 turns of blue painters tape)
6) Install new Vertical Doors Inc. system: In order for the vertical hinge to sit flat against the apron you might have to cut, drill or well depending on you particular vehicle. The new Vertical Doors Inc. system should sit flat against apron to work properly.Hint* Tighten the bolts on the door first and then install the bolts on the body.
*IMPORTANT STEP: DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. THIS STEP IS CRUCIAL IN YOUR INSTALLATION PROCESS, IF THIS STEP ISNOT COMPLETED WHEN INSTALLING THE VERTICAL DOOR KIT; ALL WARRANTIES ARE VOIDED, AND MAY CAUSE FUTURE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR VERTICAL DOOR SYSTEM
1st - make sure you put grease on the body of shoulder bolt where the arrow is pointing.
2nd - make sure you put red Locktite, where the arrow pointing, on thread of shoulder bolt.
3rd - make sure you put grease on the bottom side of the shock end.
WARRNING! THE USE OF ANY TYPE PLYERS, PAINT OR FOREING MATERIALS ON THE SHOCK’S BODY OR SHAFTWILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
7) Once hinge is locked in place, break nut #1 then turn Allen set screw #2 on fig until it hits the block then open the door and continue to adjust until the door matches with the striker, open and close door making sure it closes like factory.
Hint*(leave #1 nut loose until shock is installed Allen set screw will have to be re-adjusted after shock is installed.
8) Install the shock.
Hint* (You will need a helper to raise the door). (Slip the spherical rod mount into the spherical ball bearing (1). Using a 1/4 Allen wrench, tighten the screw into the swing arm (2). After the shock is installed secure it by installing the pin in the bottom shock end (3).
9) After shock is installed re-install door panel and lift the door. Adjust door opening screw #3 clockwise until distance between nub and swing arm is enough so that the swing arm moves up and down freely.
Hint* (Fine tune the Allen Adjustment screw (#2) to realigned striker with door. After the door is align test door by opening and closing, lifting and lowering door several times.
Note: Do not install fender until the adjustment of the door is accurate, and the set screw is tightly secure. Also make sure everything is tight, adjustment is set and everything is Locktite.
10) Modify factory wire loom: In order to be able to open and raise the door, cut the factory wire boot in half and add wire loom to protect exposed wires.
11) Cut the inner lip of your fender to make room for the new Vertical Doors hinge. Note: After you have cut the fender use a sander or grinder and make sure the surface is completely flat.
NOTE: EXAMPLE ABOVE IS FOR THE MAZDA RX-8 YOUR CAR MOST LIKELY, WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT CUT OUT.
SOME TIMES YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO TRIM THE LIP ON THE DOOR (IF IT HAS ONE). EXAMPLE ON THE RIGHT IS OF A CHEV. CORVETTE.
12) Close the door and replace the fender by reversing step 2.
Hint*(Make sure the electrical wires don’t get pinched enough to damage wires)
13) For the other side just follow steps 2-12.